The Football Manc Cave

Focusing on the football news in Greater Manchester

Rochdale Fans Are Gutted Over Keith Hill

Yesterday after the news broke of Keith Hill’s sacking, our Twitter page polled the Rochdale fans to see their instant reaction to the departure.

59% of Dale fans said that they felt gutted, with the remaining 41% feeling happy. A lot has been made over Hill in recent months, with some of the old guard prepared to give him time after his accomplishments over his two spells with the club. A lot had seen worse times at the club and felt that the two promotions and cup runs, had given him till at least the end of the season.

However, the small minority of ‘Hill out’ had started to grow weekly with every fading performance. Some blame the players, some blame higher up in the club – but the thing that effects the club the most is the on-pitch results, and this year they just weren’t at the races.

The easy option is to always sack the manager, as it’s a lot less work than to overhaul a playing squad. Rochdale will be hoping for a new manager bounce to lift them up the League One table, especially with only 11 matches to go of this campaign.

We take a look at the Rochdale reaction from around Twitter…

Sad to see Keith Hill leave Rochdale again. He’s been a great manager for the club on 2 seperate occasions and wish him all the best for the future.#RAFC— MartianMoleInAHole (@in_martian) March 4, 2019

This is so sad!
I’ve always had an emotional attachment to Rochdale, impossible for me to think of this amazing club without Keith & beachy being a part of it!
Wishing them both the best of luck, & whoever has the pleasure to work with them next , you’ll have a top team👌#RAFC— Tracey kennedy (@Traceygeorge83) March 4, 2019

Despite the results this season, there is no doubt in my mind that Hill has earned the right to try and rebuild in league 2 if we do go down. Our best ever manager and this seems a very short sighted decision— Jonny Holt (@JonnyHolt23) March 4, 2019

A very sad day for the Football Club.. when the ambitions of the ‘new’ board don’t meet that of the manager, only two outcomes… they part their ways and the club goes back to valuing success as survival.. Thanks Keith, enjoyed the ride!— Andrew Harrison (@ajhtraining) March 4, 2019

Keith Hill has worked miracles over the last few years. Should have been given until the end of the season at least. Sad times for all involved.— Oli Philip (@OliPhilip_) March 4, 2019

Best decade in the club’s history, maybe best decade it will ever had. No one can do a better job. Even if Dale are bottom of League 1 they’re overachieving. A terrible short-sighted decision that could be the end of the football club. Conference in four years, if we’re lucky.— Marlon Solomon (@supergutman) March 4, 2019

%d bloggers like this: